Why Certify Through FGIA?
One question my team often gets is a big one: What are the benefits of certifying through FGIA’s AAMA Certification Program? Why take the time to go through that process for my products? The answer is simple: Having your products certified to AAMA specifications sets you apart from the competition. It gives customers the confidence they need to invest in your products. Luckily, FGIA offers multiple programs through AAMA Certification to meet your products’ needs.
AAMA Certification, now under the umbrella of FGIA, has created several programs to directly support the product performance and certification of windows, doors, and skylights. It should be noted that FGIA does not certify companies but rather provides certification for products. The Certified Products Directory (CPD) lists products that the Association has authorized for certification. Only when the manufacturer has applied the AAMA label is the product actually certified.
AAMA-certified products are:
- Tested at an AAMA-accredited lab
- Tested to all requirements of the referenced specification(s)
- Have test results independently validated
- Authorized for certification by signature from FGIA
- Produced by licensed manufacturers
- Manufactured in plants inspected for assembly and quality assurance practices
- Assembled with verified components and certified profiles
- Listed in the AAMA Certified Products Directory
- Labeled (including an AAMA logo, not just the AAMA name or standard)
Here are FGIA’s AAMA Certification programs:
- AAMA Gold Label Certification Program for windows, doors, and skylights
- AAMA Certified Profiles
- AAMA Verified Components List
- Insulating Glass Unit Certification Program
- AAMA Laboratory Accreditation Program
We all know our businesses depend on the strength of our word and the depth of our expertise. Certification through FGIA is an excellent way to officially validate those things. Feel free to reach out with any questions.