- Certification Programs
- Gold Label Certification
Certification Bulletins Florida Validation Program Certified Alaska Tough Certification Programs Validator Label Licensing Manufactured Housing Certification Certification Complaints Certified Products Directory
Gold Label Certification
The AAMA Certification Program and its familiar Gold Label are accepted or required by many federal, state and municipal building codes and administrators as an indication of product quality to builders, dealers, and building and homeowners. Given the value of the AAMA Gold Label, some manufacturers have been known to use imitation labels. To protect those companies who have passed the required rigorous testing within its certification program quality assurance system, AAMA offers its online Certified Products Directory , which catalogs all products currently authorized for certification through the AAMA program and the companies that manufacture them.
Offer your customers what your competitors don’t – the confidence of AAMA Certification. The stringent AAMA Certification Program procedures assure your customers that the products selected, when installed properly, match the quality of the sample product tested.
Enhanced Quality and Value
- A sample of the product underwent testing per the performance-based, material-neutral requirements of the AAMA/WDMA/CSA 101/I.S.2/A440 industry standard or its predecessors
- Tests were performed at an independent AAMA Accredited Test Lab and met the following criteria
- Prescribed maximum levels of air leakage through the assembly
- No water penetration through the assembly at a specified simulated wind speed
- Prescribed levels of structural resistance to wind and other dynamic pressures
- Life cycle durability requirements as applicable based on the product’s performance class designation
- Component performance verification to AAMA specifications
- Two unannounced plant inspections each year confirm
- The manufacturer has continually monitored the product production for compliance and quality assurance procedures
- The product is being built as described in the test report or with approved modifications
- The manufacturer is using the required certified profiles and verified components where performance standards for those particular parts and materials exist
Thermal Performance - AAMA Silver Label
Energy efficiency is becoming increasingly important to homeowners, builders and manufacturers. Recognizing this, FGIA offers optional certification for thermal performance.
Manufacturers may certify product thermal performance to the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) requirements without the prerequisite of AAMA Gold Label certification for basic air, water and structural performance requirements. Products tested for thermal performance only are authorized to bear the AAMA Silver Certification Label.
In cases where the product has been authorized for certification for basic air, water and structural performance as well as thermal performance, an AAMA Gold Label with an additional tab indicating thermal certification is used.
Manufactured Home Fenestration Products Certification
Similar to the AAMA Gold Label certification program, FGIA also offers certification for windows and doors used in manufactured housing (mobile homes). These products are tested for air, water and structural performance to meet the requirements of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Learn more about the Manufactured Housing Certification Program.
Florida Product Approval
FGIA can assist all licensees of the AAMA air, water and structural certification program in obtaining approval of their products sold in the state of Florida. Learn more about the Florida Validation Program.
FGIA communicates updates for all of its programs using Certification Bulletins. Access these Certification Bulletins.
Certification Program Complaints
All of FGIA’s programs are operated in an open and transparent manner. A complaint is defined as an expression of dissatisfaction (other than Appeal – see Section 15.0) to the Validator or the Certification Manager by any Licensee, person or organization, relating to either the operation of the certification program or qualifications of a certified product, where a response is expected. For more information on filing a complaint please visit the Certification Complaints web page.
Want More Information?
Contact ProductCertification@fgiaonline.org for more information on becoming a participant.