Get Involved | Document Development Influences the Industry’s Future
FGIA members know a large benefit to membership is being able to have a say in the development and updating of industry standards and documents. Throughout our history of industry leadership, FGIA has become recognized for the development of comprehensive standards that provide third-party validation of product performance and quality. We also continue to develop specifications, test methods and technical information reports. In short, we are committed to quality. To promote and ensure the highest standards, we are involved in a multitude of activities that monitor the products and processes in our industry.
Since the beginning of 2020, more than 25 documents have been updated or created. Some of the recently updated or new standards include:
- AAMA 450-20, Performance Rating Method for Mulled Combination Assemblies, Composite Units, and Other Mulled Fenestration Systems
- AAMA 502-21, Voluntary Specification for Field Testing of Newly Installed Fenestration Products
- AAMA 664-21, Voluntary Specification for In-Process Quality Control Requirements for Applicators of Synthetic Interior and Exterior Laminates to Substrates of: Cellulosic Composite, Cellular Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Fiber Reinforced Thermoset, Finished Aluminum, Rigid and Reinforced Thermoplastic, and Wood
- AAMA 906-21, Specification for Sliding Door and Lift and Slide Roller Assemblies
- AAMA SKY-3-20, Skylight Selection and Daylighting Design Guide including Unit Skylights, Tubular Daylight Devices (TDD) and Sloped Glazing
- AAMA TIR-A17-20, Structural Test Deflection and Permanent Deformation Gauge Placement for Single-Point Lock Side-Hinged Door Systems
- FMA/AAMA/WDMA 2710-20, Guidelines for the Full Frame Replacement of Windows without Removal of External Brick Veneer
- Almost all of the finishes and coating standards
Upcoming documents include:
- IGMA TM-3200, Design Considerations for IG Unit Cavity Pressure Compensation
- AAMA 904, Voluntary Specification for Multi-Bar Hinges in Window Applications
- AAMA 508, Voluntary Test Method and Specification for Pressure Equalized Rain Screen Wall Cladding Systems
To become involved in document development you can either join by logging into the FGIA website and searching for the committee or task groups of your choice at fgiaonline.org/committees or by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you want more information about how to sign up for committees and task groups, please watch this brief video tutorial.