2022 Documents Update | Standards Development Influences the Industry’s Future
A previous version of this Member Edge blog post ran June 11, 2021. This has been updated with current information and a list of recently updated documents for FGIA members’ benefit.
FGIA members know a large benefit to membership is being able to have a say in the development and updating of industry standards and documents. Throughout our history of industry leadership, FGIA has become recognized for the development of comprehensive standards that provide a basis for third-party validation of product performance. We also continue to develop specifications, test methods and technical information reports. In short, FGIA and our members have always been committed to quality. To promote and ensure the highest standards, we are involved in a multitude of activities that monitor the products and processes in our industry.
Since the beginning of 2021, 28 documents have been updated or created with more updates and new documents constantly under review and development. Some of the recently updated or new standards include:
- AAMA 502, Voluntary Specification for Field Testing of Newly Installed Fenestration Products
- IGMA TM-3200, Design Considerations for IG Unit Cavity Pressure Compensation
- AAMA 904, Voluntary Specification for Multi-Bar Hinges in Window Applications
- AAMA 906, Specification for Sliding Door and Lift and Slide Roller Assemblies
- AAMA 508, Voluntary Test Method and Specification for Pressure Equalized Rain Screen Wall Cladding Systems
- AAMA 920, Specification for Operating Cycle Performance of Active Side-Hinged Exterior Door Slabs
- AAMA 925, Specification for Determining the Vertical Loading Resistance of Side-Hinged Door Systems
- AAMA 305, Voluntary Specification for Fiber Reinforced Thermoset Profiles
- AAMA 320, Standard and Guideline for Quality Welding, Bonding, and Ventilation of Thermoplastic (PVC) Extrusion Based Fenestration Products
Upcoming documents include:
- AAMA 509, Voluntary Test and Classification Method for Drained and Back Ventilated Rain Screen Wall Cladding Systems
- IGMA TM-5000, Do’s and Don’ts of Glass Safety
To become involved in document development you can either join by logging into the FGIA website and searching for the committee or task groups of your choice at fgiaonline.org/committees or by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you want more information about how to sign up for committees and task groups, please watch this brief video tutorial.