- FGIA Education Programs
- FGIA Bill Briese Educational Engagement Grant Program
FGIA Bill Briese Educational Engagement Grant Program
In 2022, the industry lost a valued leader in the education sector. Bill Briese, former Research and Development Engineering Manager for GED Integrated Solutions, was a longtime active leader within IGMA and continued to grace FGIA with that leadership and enthusiasm after the unification of AAMA and IGMA in 2020. Known for being generous with both his time and knowledge, he worked diligently to train the next generation of insulating glass (IG) fabricators.
Bill was a presenter at the annual FGIA IG Fabricators Workshop, leading demonstrations of glass cutting and washing. His prominent roles within the Association showed his commitment to education and included Chair of the IG Fabricator Workshop/Preventing IG Failures Task Group, Treasurer of the Board of Directors and GPC Co-Chair of the Education Steering Committee.
In Bill’s honor, FGIA has founded the Bill Briese Educational Engagement Grant Program.
This company-focused grant is aimed at extending education opportunities, building engagement within FGIA, expediting integration into the industry and furthering professional growth and advancement.
An FGIA corporate member company seeking support to further career opportunities for employees through FGIA education programs and event participation may apply.
- A $1,000 grant per company per year, eligible for use within 12 months of receipt towards the following:
- First time in-person FGIA conference registration
- Enrollment in FGIA education program
- A minimum of two grants will be awarded per year in each of the first five years, beginning in 2023
- The 2023 application process is now closed
- FGIA GPC Advisory Committee members will vote on anonymous applications in May
- Grant recipient(s) will be announced during the FGIA Summer Conference
- Application process will re-open in January 2024
If you have any questions about the grant program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.