- New Training Materials and Classes Now Available for FGIA InstallationMasters® Combined Program
June 14, 2021
New Training Materials and Classes Now Available for FGIA InstallationMasters® Combined Program
The Fenestration and Glazing Industry Alliance (FGIA) announces the availability of new training materials and classes for the InstallationMasters® Combined Training and Certification Program, which addresses proper installation of windows and doors for both new construction and replacement/remodeling. This program is now available as of June 1 and will replace the “Original” program training materials, which will be sunset as of July 1. An in-person class for individuals interested in becoming newly accredited to teach the InstallationMasters Combined Program installer training is scheduled for August 30 through September 3.
“FGIA sought input from InstallationMasters instructors, who have many years of training experience and vast knowledge of installation methods. Released in 2021 and previously referred to as the ‘Original’ program, this updated ‘Combined’ segment encompasses content that accredited instructors felt was most valuable to professionals in the field,” said Kaydeen Laird, Education Manager.
Installers attend a two-day class and successfully complete the exam to become certified. For instructors, a five-day class and successful exam completion are required.
“Since InstallationMasters was originally introduced in 1999, new consensus-based installation methods have been developed and are now included in the updated training content,” said Rich Rinka, InstallationMasters lead trainer and FGIA Technical Manager, Fenestration Standards and U.S. Industry Affairs.
The training materials include updated imagery and new information covering the following topics:
- Windows with a mounting flange in open stud frame constructions for low wind/water exposure (AAMA 2400, an FGIA document)
- Windows with an exterior flush fin over an existing window (AAMA 2410, an FGIA document)
- Exterior windows, doors and skylights (ASTM E2112)
- Windows with flanges or mounting fins in wood frame construction for extreme wind/water conditions (FMA/AAMA 100)
- Mounting flange windows into walls utilizing foam plastic insulating sheathing (FPIS) with a separate water-resistive barrier (WRB) (FMA/AAMA/WDMA 500)
- Full frame replacement of windows without removal of external brick veneer (FMA/AAMA/WDMA 2710)
The table of contents from the InstallationMasters Combined Program Manual provides an overview of the training, including new content.
To register for the instructor training class to be held August 30 through September 3 at FGIA headquarters in Schaumburg, IL, download the Instructor Training Registration form and email the completed form to education@FGIAonline.org. Class size is limited. Attendees must comply with FGIA's established COVID safety guidelines for onsite participants.
The InstallationMasters Training and Certification Program is offered to installers of windows and doors all across the country. The program is specifically designed to help installers:
- Avoid costly callbacks
- Improve energy efficiency
- Work more efficiently, optimizing both time and money
- Maximize product benefits for more satisfied customers
Your trusted industry resource, setting the standards for fenestration and glazing.