Nov 03, 2021 — Nov 05, 2021
IG Fabricators Workshop
When making phone reservations, indicate that you are with the Intertek/IG Fabricator group:Hampton Inn & Suites - $94 plus tax
2813 E. President George Bush Expwy
Homewood Suites - $119 plus tax
2601 E. President George Bush Expwy
Both hotels offer complimentary shuttle service to Intertek; however, reservations are required due to the pandemic. FGIA will contact each registrant prior to the event to confirm who will require shuttle service each day.
Registration is open until October 8!
*If registering multiple participants from the same member company, contact FGIA for the discounted rate registration link for second and subsequent registrants*
- Space is limited to 32 participants; registrations will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis
- Workshop location
- Intertek Testing Services, Plano, TX
- Registration Rates
- Members (login required to receive member pricing)
- 1st registration: $890 USD
- 2nd and subsequent registrations (from the same company): $855 USD
- All registrations: $990 USD
Schedule | Workshop Location
Intertek Testing ServicesWednesday, November 3
1909 10th St #100
Plano, TX 75074
1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday, November 4
- Classroom Training: Safety presentation
- Classroom Training: IG Design - This will focus on basic IG knowledge, the history of insulating glass and a review of basic IG component
- Station 1: Frost Testing - Participants will be instructed in how to take a frost point and have the opportunity to take a frost point on an IGU
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (includes lunch break)
- How to correctly use the GasGlass device plus introducing the iTig sensor for measurement of gas and humidityStation 4A: Sealant Adhesion Butterfly Test - How to safely break glass to conduct the test and proper gunning of PIBStation 4B: Sealant Mix Test - How to properly mix and gun sealants safelyStation 5: Glass Cutting and Washing - Demonstration of score quality covering cutting wheel wear, angle and pressureStation 6: Spacer and IG Fabrication - Looking at various spacers including well fabricated samples and samples with deliberate manufacturing issueStation 7: Desiccant / Desiccated Matrix - Methods for testing desiccant drying capacity6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Station 2: Volatile Fog - How to visually inspect for volatile fog
- Station 3: Gas Filling and Measurement
Friday, November 5
- Social Event/Reception and Dinner
8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
11 a.m. - Adjourn
- Station 8: Forensic Investigations of Failures - Hands-on tool kit to determine failure modes starting from the basic visual inspection to destructive analysis of the unit